Thursday, May 17, 2007

Beginnings

So I've decided to re-enter the blogging world. And this time I will take this seriously. There is no use in setting up a blog without wanting to put effort into it. In high school I had a Xanga. This was dominated by mostly immature rattlings of an adolescent. Then I graduated to Myspace. I grew up a little when I reached this stage, but I felt uncomfortable by all the extra stuff one could put on one's profile. It just seemed so messy and too self-indulgent. Now I feel like I have matured enough to write on blogger.com. This time around I want to celebrate only my thoughts, my words, and the vast audience from which meaningful discussions and connections can arise. This time it's for real.

I lifted the title of my blog from the title of the third section of the novel "The Dark Tower" (7th book of the Dark Tower series) by Stephen King. That phrase strikes some resonant chord in my brain. "In this haze of green and gold".......That section of the book was very disjointed. The protagonist was scattered, confused, determined, scared, depressed, content, lost, alone, happy, as well as in and out of touch with himself in that section of the novel. Most of the time I can identify with this swirl of emotion and the conflicting feelings of aimlessness and determination in my spirit. I feel like I know what I am and where I am going, but I also don't have a damn clue. The only thing that I know for sure is that I love living. No matter what I am experiencing, I love being alive. I am content, I am happy. I am sinking into a warm haze of green and gold.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I never finished The Dark Tower series, but I feel that I would find myself nodding to the parts, like the one you quote, when King finally breaks through our walls with an assault of words, finally finding what will find our weakness and our addiction.

I'm intrigued already.